Data Controller Identification
- Data Controller: People – Environment Research Group (Universidade da Coruña)
- Tax Identification Number (NIF): Q-6550005-J
- Address: Rúa Maestranza 9, 15001 A Coruña
- Email: email@example.com
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a file that is automatically downloaded and installed on user’s device via its browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, among other) when visiting a web site.
Generally speaking, these technologies may have a variety of purposes, such as, and without limitation, user recognition, data collection on browsing habits or customization of the form in which contents are displayed, etc.
Specific use by us of such technologies is described below.
Classification and types of cookies used
Cookies are classified according to their managing entity, purpose, and activity time frame.
- Cookies according to the managing entity:
- First-party Cookies: These cookies are created by this web site and can only be read by this site.
- Third party’s Cookies: These Cookies are created and managed by other entities, such as advertising, customization, or analysis services providers and these third parties may provide us with anonymous data.
- Cookies according to their purpose:
- Cookies that are strictly necessary: These Cookies allow browsing and using a web site’s main functionalities. Without such strictly necessary Cookies a site cannot operate properly. Some purposes of strictly necessary cookies are data traffic and disclosure control, session identification, accessing to site restricted access areas, using security items while browsing, etc.
- Preference or customization Cookies: these allow to remember data so that user can access the service with certain features that may make his experience different to that of other users, for example, regarding the language used, regional configuration or browser type.
- Analysis or measurement Cookies: These allow Cookie managers to follow up and review user’s behaviour, the statistical analysis of the use made by users of the service as well as quantification of ads impact. These Cookies are used for site, app and platform activity measurement purposes, in order to allow improvements according to the analysis of data on use of the service by users. Normally, if data is aggregated data, these are low risk Cookies as far as privacy is concerned.
- Behavioural advertising Cookies: these Cookies store user behaviour data obtained by on-going observation of users browsing habits, allowing the development of a specific profile for ad display according to such profile.
- Advertising Cookies: These Cookies allow the most efficient management of advertising space based on criteria such as edited content or frequency of ads display.
- Cookies according to the time frame they are activated:
- Session Cookies: These are designed for data collection and storage while user is accessing to the site. These Cookies are normally used to store information which is only kept for the provision of the service requested by user on a single occasion.
- Persistent Cookies: This is a type of Cookies where data is still stored on the computer and can be accessed and processed for a specific time frame set by the Cookie manager and which can be just a few minutes or several years.
Cookies used by this site and Cookie setting.
|_gat||Google analysis Cookie||Analysis Cookies are those which allow us to determine the number of users, therefore providing measurement and statistical analysis of use of the service by users. For these purposes browsing of our site by users is analysed, allowing the improvement of our offer of products and/or services.||Analysis or measurement Cookie||Session Cookie|
|_gid||Google analysis Cookie||
Analysis Cookies are those which allow us to determine the number of users, therefore providing measurement and statistical analysis of use of the service by users. For these purposes browsing of our site by users is analysed, allowing the improvement of our offer of products and/or services.
|Analysis or measurement Cookie||Session Cookie|
||Google analysis Cookie||Analysis Cookies are those which allow us to determine the number of users, therefore providing measurement and statistical analysis of use of the service by users. For these purposes browsing of our site by users is analysed, allowing the improvement of our offer of products and/or services.||Analysis or measurement Cookie||Persistent Cookie (2 years)|
Legal grounds and duration
Legal grounds for processing are user consent given according to the information displayed on the relevant banner and this policy, except for those cookies which are strictly necessary for browsing our site.
Personal data can be stored according to the time frame set forth for each Cookie on the applicable Cookie table.
Before installing any Cookies on user computer, we ask user consent, which is expressly given by user by clicking on the “accept” button displayed on the banner. We shall never ask consent when Cookies are necessary for browsing our web site.
International data disclosure
Any third party’s Cookies used by this site belong to the provider shown on the table, which is based in the US, a country deemed to be not adequate regarding the provision of a data protection level equivalent to that provided within the European Union.
To revoke consent, you just need to either activate the buttons we provided or set your browser to reject Cookies. You must also delete history to remove any Cookies that have been installed.
In addition to Cookie setting buttons provided by this policy, below you will find the links containing the information required to disable Cookies from the main browsers:
- Google Chrome More information
- Google Chrome for mobile More information
- Microsoft Edge More information
- Mozilla Firefox More information
- Opera More information
- Safari More information
Users may exercise their right to access, rectification, deletion, opposition, limitation to the processing and portability, when applicable, as well as revoke their consent providing a proof of their identity by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, users are entitled to file a claim with the competent supervisory authorities. In Spain, the relevant authority is the Agencia Española de Protección de Datos (www.aepd.es).